As a company of individuals that are always striving to learn, you’ll find it exciting to apply your skills to new and interesting projects. You will be ready to engage in idea development and support technical aspects of the studio output. We operate typical office hours, in a relaxed but vibrant office atmosphere.
To all recruitment agencies BLT does not accept agency resumes. BLT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About the Role:
We are seeking a passionate Web Developer who is excited about pushing the limits of web technology.
You’ll be expected to contribute towards both the planning and code development stages of website builds, showing initiative and creativity. You must manage your own time effectively, and in doing so you are expected to be mindful at all times of the quality implications of your actions and strive to add value to the business.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Helping formulate an effective design and creating working themes and plugins
- Maintaining in-house development processes
- Developing and upgrading bespoke plugin development
You in a nutshell:
- Experience developing responsive design websites
- Exposure to Lean/Agile working practices
- Self organising, strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to translate designs, wireframes and written requirements into functional systems
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git / BitBucket / SVN
- Excellent understanding WordPress development principles, functions and hooks
Extra Kudos (Nice but not required):
- Understanding of Foundation 6 frameworks
- Experience working with Angular 1 or Angular 2
- Experience of developing your own WordPress Plugins
- Interest in new technology, virtual reality, web technology
- Google Analytics and other analytical packages
- Integrations with 3rd Party APIs and/or creation of APIs
- Familiarity with cloud provider platforms and services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
We believe that the best work comes from a diverse team. If our mission excites you, and you can contribute to our culture of lifelong learning and growth we want to hear from you!