We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Digital Designer to join our growing creative team. Ideally with a few years of experience under your belt, you will demonstrate a solid understanding of the pace and variety of agency work. This position is full-time with flexible start working options.
Working collaboratively with designers, developers and other digital professionals within our team, you’ll create world-class websites and materials that meet the needs of real people, and equally, provide commercially successful solutions for our clients.
In this role, day-to-day tasks will consist of collaborating with strategy and development teams to define requirements, iterate on design solutions, and contribute expertise for various digital products. The ideal candidate comes with a deep understanding of visual design principles and strong experience in creating digital assets for a wide range of platforms and channels including: responsive + mobile-first websites, social media, display advertising, eCommerce, and email marketing.
This position requires the creation of digital assets, implementation, and optimisation based on performance. Responsibilities also include staying up to date on industry trends and the latest digital design software and contributing unique ideas for strategic marketing initiatives.
- Be inspirational. Attention to detail, consistency, and above all an enthusiasm to deliver great work
- Proactive and supportive. Collaborative design requires a little bit of empathy, understanding and respect for your team mates
- Always wanting to learn. Anything can be improved. Demonstrating an attitude that seeks to constantly get better
- Make effective decisions. Use sound judgement, data, evidence and peer support to arrive at decisions and advice.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You’re driven to make things happen
Skill & Experience
- 2+ years experience
- Design a range of hi-fidelity solutions for things like marketing websites, software interfaces, and digital services
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with developers
- Self-leadership – be responsible and accountable for your own actions and growth. Ensure you are always seeking to improve your work and the world.
- Attention to detail and a meticulous dedication to crafting high quality design
- Good knowledge of visual design, user-centered experience design, interaction design, branding and design systems
- A friendly, collaborative nature, with a solid point of view to go with it
- Confident in articulating your ideas, and great at communicating with both clients and the rest of us
- The ability to multi-task and solve problems and challenges
- Always staying ahead of the trends in web, mobile and product design, and the best practices
- You have a strong understanding of typography, layout, colour, grid systems, and advanced design principles.
- Fluent with the usual design applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma etc)
- Proven ability to embody brand guidelines to create cohesive multi-channel visual assets.
- You have a portfolio that exemplifies strong visual design, with a clean aesthetic, and a focus on defining the user experience.
Nice to Have
- Attend client meetings to present work and make recommendations
- Experience of Video Editing or Animation
We offer a competitive salary, negotiable dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we have a generous benefits package, including pension scheme, flexi-start, 25 days holiday, paid social events, tech schemes, birthday’s off, you name it…
- An annual training budget of at least £200 so you can autonomously develop your skills
- Flexible starting hours
- Regular company social events
- Your birthday off
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Tech Scheme
- Company Pension
We work with amazing clients. You’ll get a chance to work on some very interesting products and services while collaborating with some very talented people.
Working with us you will feel part of the team, part of the culture. We work hard; day in, day out. You’ll be asked to do the same; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. Although we’re all very different people, we’re united by five simple values.
- Be brave, stay humble. Work for the client not for the fame. Don’t let egos get in the way of seeing what’s truly best for the user.
- Do good for all. Be empathetic with the human on the other side of the screen. Strive to create solutions that help people. Open minds feed success.
- A rising tide lifts all ships. We give back to our industry and nurture talent. We work with other agencies when it helps create better solutions.
- Challenge assumptions. No BS. Challenge an idea. Challenge each other. We’ll even challenge you, never hiding hard truths.
- Unknown & Known. Never stop learning, never say you know it all, always stay curious. Seek out new opportunities to grow.
If you think you have got what it takes please send in your CV, portfolio, your LinkedIn profile and a cover note to [email protected]
Brave Little Tank celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic.